Why Light Gauge
The Benefits of Steel are Significant
Light gauge steel framing has emerged as not only the most feasible alternative
building material, but also the most cost-efficient for residential and light
commercial construction. Here are some of the numerous benefits of using light gauge
steel in construction.
The Builder Benefits
- DIMENSIONALLY STABLE
does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep.
No nail pops. Does not expand or contract with moisture content.
- MOLD RESISTANT promotes healthy indoor environments.
- TERMITE PROOF can’t be damaged by insects.
- HIGHEST STRENGTH-TO-WEIGHT RATIO of any building material.
- NON-COMBUSTIBLE will not contribute fuel to the spread of fire.
- RECYCLED material is used in our steel.
The Homeowner Benefits
- LIGHTER than other framing materials.
- EASY material selection, no need to cull or sort the pile.
- CONSISTENT material quality - straight walls, straight roof lines,
square corners, fewer callbacks.
- SMALLER PUNCH list, fewer hassles on site.
- LESS SCRAP & waste (2% vs. 20% for lumber).
- ENVIRONMENTAL selling and green positioning.
- HIGH STRENGTH results in safer structures.
- LOW MAINTENANCE, slow aging of structure.
- FIRE SAFETY & protection against termites.
- NOT VULNERABLE to any type of fungi or mold.
- LOWER probability of foundation problems.
- LOWER probability of damage in earthquake.
- LOWER probability of damage in high winds.
- STRONGER connections, bolted, riveted vs. nails.